Sweet Orange & Shea Hand Cream Recipe
A very nourishing and easy to make hand cream, that’s bursting with the fragrance of fresh tropical fruit. This hand cream has a gorgeous golden glow when using pure organic rosehip oil, so you get the orange tint without adding any colours at all. It’s non greasy, healing, and smells divine, making it the perfect hand cream recipe.
- 200g pure water
- 10g glycerineOil phase:
- 18g organic rosehip oil
- 20g shea butter
- 16g emulsifier – for best results use a eco certified and plant based preservativeAdditional:
- 0.5ml preservative
- 25 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 4 drops ylang-ylang essential oilDirections:
- Combine the water phase ingredients and oil phase ingredients separately in two stainless steel pots.
- Heat them both until they are around 60C.
- Remove from the heat, and slowly pour the water phase ingredients into the pot containing the oils.
- Stir again well, and pour into desired containers. Add the preservative and essential oils, stir well again, and leave to thicken as it cools.
- Store in a dry, cool place away from sunlight. Makes approx 250g jar.
For more recipes like this Sweet Orange & Shea Hand Cream check out my ‘Natural Skincare Recipes eBook‘